Please note- The 'Add to my bookmarks' button will no longer work as this was linked to Talis Aspire.
Leganto works in exactly the same way but you will need to replace your old button with the new 'Cite it' tool:
The Cite It! bookmarklet enables you to collect resources such as websites, videos, journal articles, etc. and import the links into your Leganto 'My Collection' section. Follow the 3 steps below to install the bookmarklet.
Step 1 - To install the bookmarklet, click on your name on the top right of the screen and select Cite It!
Step 2 - In the new window, drag and drop the blue CITE IT! button in to your browser toolbar;
Step 3 - While logged in to Leganto in another window, find a relevant item on your chosen website and click on the Cite it! button in your browser toolbar;
Step 4 - An Add this to my collection popup appears containing the details of the item;
Step 5 - Select the appropriate Type for your item from the drop-down menu, check the details are correct, then click the ADD & CLOSE button;
N.B. If you are not logged in to Leganto when you click the Cite It! bookmarklet, a new tab will open to prompt you to log in to Leganto. Once logged in you will have to go back to your original tab and click the Cite It! bookmarklet again.
Adding an e-journal article
The same process applies to adding an e-journal article to your list.
1. Search for the article you wish to add, select it from the search
results and click add.
To edit the item details, click on add & edit instead. When you have finished modifying the details, click save to return to your list.
Adding resources to your list
1. Click on the + button at the top of the list.
2. This will open a panel to the right of your list. Use the first ‘Search’ tab to find any resources held
by the Library (including books, ebooks, articles and journals) to add to your list.
Adding a book
Once you have finished adding items to this section, click the x to hide the search panel.
Adding a website
1. Go to a website (e.g. www.bbc.co.uk) you would like to add to your list.
2. Click on the Cite It! button installed in your bookmarks toolbar.
3. This will open an ‘Add this to my list’ pop-up window. Leganto will automatically fill in as much information as possible about the resource. Check and modify this information if necessary.
4. At the bottom of the pop-up window:
a. Select Add to: List
b. Select your Reading List from the drop-down menu
c. Click add & close